Since I got myself the Magi food processor one of my first points of call was to make my own nut butter! I was fed up with the added sugar/ salt/ palm oil and other bits that were added to the variety of nut butters that exist today and wanted to create something healthy where I knew every ingredient that was being added. This gorgeous treat only has TWO key ingredients, Cashews & Vanilla Bean, creating (in my opinion) the absolute perfect healthy combination.
One key attribute to making nut butter is to have patience, processing nuts into butter takes time. First the nuts will form a powdering substance, then it will eventually clump together, but have faith because it WILL turn into butter. Don’t be tempted to add oil or water to speed up the process because it will effect the taste.
- One whole fresh vanilla bean
- 400g Cashews
- Pre heat oven to 180 degrees
- Roast cashews until very lightly brown – should take about 10 mins. Be careful not to over roast as it will effect the taste
- Allow cashews to cool
- Add to food processor and process until creamy – this will take around 10 mins and requires patience
- Whilst the nuts are processing, cut the vanilla pod open and use a small spoon to scrape the inside out
- As soon as your nuts turn to butter add the inside of the vanilla pod and process for a further 2 minutes
- Allow to cool then transfer to a jar and enjoy however you wish!!