This is one of my absolute favourite Persian dishes, that is served as a starter or a side dish and its main ingredient is Aubergine. Aubergines are packed full of goodness and deliver many health benefits when eaten, which makes this delicious dish even more enjoyable 🙂
2 large Organic Aubergines
3 large tomatoes, remove the skin and chop into small pieces
7 garlic cloves, finely chopped
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 teaspoon tomato paste
1 teaspoon turmeric
Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 220 degrees
- Pierce the Aubergines and bake for 40 minutes in the oven until soft in the inside and the skin is crispy on the outside.
- Remove the skin and mash the Aubergines with a fork.
- In a saucepan saute chopped garlic in hot oil until light brown on medium heat. Add in the turmeric and stir.
- Add the mashed Aubergine and cook for about 15-20 minutes, stirring thoroughly.
- Add chopped tomatoes, tomato paste, salt and pepper to the mix, stir well and cook for an additional 10-15 minutes over medium heat.
- Pour the beaten eggs over the Aubergine mixture, stir until well blended. Cook for about 3-4 minutes. Taste and adjust the seasoning, if necessary.
Top with fresh organic Parsley.