Healthy Lunch Meal Prep – Lemon Oregano Chicken & Lentil Edamame Salad
This week I prepped some Chicken and Salad with a twist. I made sure I had a good portion of protein with the Chicken, Lentils and Edamame and healthy dose of vitamin C with the Cherry tomatoes. It also lasts up to 3 days in the fridge and 3 days worth of lunches!
I like to meal prep for my lunches during the week, it makes it easier to maintain a healthy diet and also be cost effective about the food I’m buying! Working in the City you can end up spending a lot of money on lunch each day that adds up eventually, so I try to keep to this routine for at least half of the week days!
3 Free Range Chicken Breasts
1 Tablespoon of Oregano
150g Frozen Edamame Beans
150g Black Lentils
160g Fresh Coriander
200g Cherry Tomatoes
1 Lemon (for juicing)
- Pre heat the oven to 160 degrees
- Cut slits along the Chicken Breasts
- Squeeze half a Lemon over the Chicken
- Sprinkle Oregano over the chicken
- Cook for 45 minutes and once cooked leave to cool until cold
For the salad
- Add the Lentils to a small pan and boiling water and boil for 15-20 minutes
- Add the frozen Edamame beans to a another small pan and boil for 15 minutes
- Once both been boiled and slightly softened, rinse under cold water
- Chop Cherry Tomatoes into quadruplet slices
- Cut up the fresh Coriander
- Mix all ingredients for the salad in a bowl
- Squeeze the juice out of the lemon into the salad and mix again
Keep the Chicken and the Salad in separate containers whilst in the fridge to not mix the flavours.