This banana bread is free from refined sugar and packed full of natural ingredients to not only satisfy your sweet tooth but to not leave you feeling guilty for doing so!
90g Wholemeal flour
70g Coconut oil
95g 100% Maple syrup OR Honey
4 tablespoons of milk (I use unsweetened almond)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 teaspoon of cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon of salt
3 medium ripe bananas (the riper the better)
100g dark chocolate chips (optional) OR whatever add in you fancy
- Pre-heat the oven to 165 degrees
- Melt the coconut oil in a heat proof bowl. Add the maple syrup to a medium sized bowl and whisk the coconut oil and maple syrup together.
- Add the eggs and beat well, then whisk in the mashed banana and milk
- Add the baking powder, cinnamon, salt and vanilla extract and mix well
- Stir in the flour and add the dark chocolate chips OR any add in you fancy
- Lightly grease a bread loaf tin with coconut oil
- Pour the mixture into the bread loaf tin and put into the pre-heated oven
- Allow your loaf to bake for 50-55 minutes. You can tell its ready when you pierce the bread with a knife and it comes out almost clean!
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes then remove from the tin and allow to cool for a further 15-20 minutes.