Who doesn’t love a sticky toffee pudding. You can enjoy this absolute classic sweet treat even when being healthy. Its packed with natural ingredients, free from any refined sugar and loaded with healthy fats!
180g mejool dates
150g of ground almonds
15g coconut flour
75g coconut oil
3 medium eggs
1 tea spoon of baking soda
150 ml of maple syrup
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
Pinch of salt
- Pre heat the oven to 170 degrees
- De-pit the dates, soak them in a bowl of boiling water with the baking powder for 10 minutes (or until soft)
- Add the dates with a small amount of the water to a large bowl and mash into a paste
- Melt the Coconut oil and pour add to the bowl, add the ground almonds to the mixture and mix with an electronic whisk
- Add the coconut flour, maple syrup and eggs and mix again
- Add the vanilla extract, cinnamon and pinch of salt
- Add the mixture to a cake tin
- Bake for 35 minutes, if you can pierce a knife in the top and it comes out clean you are good to go!
- For the sticky sauce, I use greek honey and melt on top its absolutely divine
- For a more traditional healthy twist on the sticky sauce, blend 6 dates with maple syrup and add 2 tablespoons of maple syrup
- Pour over the freshly baked pudding and serve
My absolute favourite way to enjoy a sticky toffee pudding is to warm it up again in the microwave when it gets cold!