For as long as I can remember, my favourite dessert has always been hot brownie and vanilla ice cream. When I started watching what I ate, I wanted to find a brownie recipe that was delicious but also not full of huge blobs of butter and sugar.
This recipe just so happens to be gluten free, vegan and free from refined sugar. So its a great recipe to have on tap because they can be enjoyed by everyone!
50g Coconut flour (1/2 cup)
25g Cacao powder (1/4 cup)
100g Roasted chopped almonds
161g Maple syrup (1/2 cup)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
100g Coconut oil (1/2 cup)
1/2 teaspoon of salt
100g of mini choc chips (use dairy free for vegan)
1. Pre heat the oven to 170 degrees. Line a brownie pan with baking parchment.
2. Melt the coconut oil in a heat proof bowl
3. Combine the coconut oil, cocoa powder and eggs and mix well
4. Add the maple syrup and vanilla extract
5. Add the coconut flour and salt and mix well
6. Fold in the chocolate chips and roasted chopped almonds
7. Spread the mixture evenly in the pre-prepared tin
8. Bake for 25 -30 minutes! Use a knife to lightly pierce the brownies, if the knife comes out clean then the brownies are ready!
9. Leave to cool for 15-20 minutes, then cut into pieces (Should cut into about 12 small brownies)